Today has been a very stressful day. I got a call first thing this morning from mom. She was scared and said something about the nursing home making plans to move everyone to Afghanistan. Previously she said something about they don't want the residents communicating with the 'outside world.'
She was very scared this morning and started crying. She said things were not right. I called and left a message for the nurse at the nursing home to check on mom because she was scared. And to call me back, I was wondering if they had changed her medication and she was reacting to it. I also know that sometimes she has dreams and then wakes up disoriented and remembering bits of her dream.
The nurse called but mom called back later in the day and left a message saying she wasn't sure where she was anymore. So I called the nursing home and talked finally to the nurse who said mom had been given more methadone due to pain. She got mom on the phone and mom was still upset, tearful and said she knows that there is something wrong, that it is part of the disease. I think she gets disoriented, confused and it's scary for her. I understand that but there is nothing I can do and can't give her the reassurances she wants. I try calling other resources to find out the full story before panicking but it's hard.
Meanwhile, Mark had worked on his car to fix the overheating problem and it didn't work. So we had to call his mom's house to get someone to pick us up. His mom just had foot surgery and can't drive. She is supposed to be on bed rest for 8 weeks. But I guess she and Shadow (my sister-in-law) got into an argument and Shadow was put out that she had to do chores on her day off and had to go pick us up. In the end, my mother in law came to get us even though she isn't supposed to drive.
Now my sister is calling because Mom called her crying. Julie called and I told her what was going on today with mom. She called mom back a bit later and mom was cheerful and barely remembered talking to Julie before.
I think mom is feeling isolated, can't go out and do the things she wants, when she wants and isn't getting visitors no matter that people pledged to come visit her. I have to move her here because getting long distance calls that I can't do anything about is exhausting. Although I'm not sure if her being closer would give ME more peace of mind, but mom would feel better.
Did I mention that she got the police involved? I'm not sure the full story yet. I have to call the detective this week and find out.
No comments:
Post a Comment