Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Today is the first day...

Well my husband had to talk me down from an emotional ledge last night. Thinking about having to pull credit scores and apply to lease a house so mom can move down here makes me realize more and more how desperate finances are. It seems that for 2 adults making nearly $100,000 a year, every month shouldn't be a struggle like this.

So tonight we are sitting down and working out a budget. We've never had one before and we have had separate finances. I think it's time to join finances and budget so we can accrue some savings.

I looked at a house for rent this weekend and I know it's the first place we looked at with this Realtor, but it's perfect. One room is large and has it's own 1.5 bath. That would be mom's and it's by the living room. On the other side of the house are the other 3 bedrooms and full bath. It's got a great covered patio and some grass area. A long kitchen with lots of cabinet space. The price is good. The neighborhood is actually really nice and close to freeways. The backyard butts against a park. It has a garage with built in work space. But I'm really worried that we won't be able to get it on our own. So, I have to ask take if he might co-sign. And I definitely need some help with the deposit, etc.

I have to have faith that what we need will be provided for us and that we will be able to afford it. I told Mark we might need to look for a 3 bedroom, so the kids won't get their own rooms until after mom passes. But the price difference between a 3 and 4 bedroom is like $200 - it's almost not worth it.

Mark doesn't think mom will make it long enough to move in with us. If we get in a 4 bedroom and she passes away before the lease is up, we are going to have to find a roommate or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment