Friday, September 24, 2010

Life is Busy but Good

I spoke to mom yesterday about putting her in a care facility. She understands and kept repeating that she didn't want me or Mark to put ourselves in a financial bind just to take care of her. I assured her we are considering that very carefully.

I haven't even had time to look. So that is the agenda for next week. This weekend is just too busy. Here's my crazy schedule:

Friday night - hang with the family at the Arabic American Day Festival (yummy food)
Saturday - class 12-4pm (still have to read over homework), ritual 6pm to ?? in LA
Sunday - fry my ass off all day in LA for the Pagan Pride Day festival

The Orange County Local Council elections are coming up. I said I wouldn't run again; certainly not for first or second officer. But I said I would run for Public Information Officer with the caveat that I might not be able to attend all meetings depending on what's going on with Mom. Since that position is mostly to email and upkeep our online resources, that shouldn't be a problem. Besides, it will help keep me in touch with people since I tend to turtle in times of stress.

Good news - sold the car, got a tax refund. So I went out and bought a laptop (and bravely did not choke at spending the money). Since our PC has been down it really rankles that I can't get online as easily. Of course I didn't use the home PC much but now we don't have it, it's driving me nuts. It's in for repairs. If it doesn't get fixed, maybe we'll just deal with laptops. It's a refurbed Toshiba with cam and mic so now me and Derek can Skype! Just have to figure out the timing.

Downside - never have heard from Pomona about the job I applied to. My boss has to rewrite my job description so she can argue for my raise. THAT is not a speedy process. I still have my little clay desk with a dollar sign and remind myself to have faith that the Goddess with help me find "a new job with a substantial increase in pay." Even if that means my old job redesigned with a raise. Boss keeps says changes are coming. On the QT she told me about physical renovations to the office space and the Dean carefully considering my location. Good news on that front. No basement for me! (Who else has seen Office Space?)

I need to remember to have gratitude for the things I have and not worry so much about the 'wants'.

2 comments:

  1. "and I could see the squirrels, and they were married...."

    ReplyDelete
  2. so let me get this straight....
    mom is not moving in with you, hubby is a candidate for sainthood, and you are going anti-social again? did i miss anything?

    I'm just living in home renovation hell ( and my mother-in-law has been visiting for the last 2 weeks )

    ReplyDelete