Ok, ok. So it's been awhile. No real good reason. I get depressed, don't write, then feel guilty for not writing. I just need get in the habit of writing regularly. So here's to getting caught up.
1. I am prepping today for a colonoscopy and endoscopy. Joy. I know the procedure itself is not a big deal but the prep sucks. I plan on spending the night with a book and pillow on the toilet because the medicine they give you CLEANS YOU OUT. Only liquids all day today. At least I can have coffee. Hopefully, doing this procedure will help explain why I go through times of gut-curdling, doubled over pain. I've been pretty good about figuring out what foods I can no longer eat (pears, anything from Panera) but sometimes I can't figure out what sets me off. Top ideas: Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis. TMI? You decide.
2. Mom is doing much better. They re-evaluated her at the 3 month mark and she is doing to well they say she is in remission. That doesn't mean that she has longer to live, it just means she isn't showing the same symptoms of the disease she was. Her doctor's are baffled because she really shouldn't have lived this long, so they are playing it by ear. Amazing what can happen when she has regular care and someone reminding her to take her meds. She seems happy, much more clear headed. She understands she cannot live alone again. The blowup she and Lucia had seems to have passed. Now she is stable I feel better about moving her down here.
3. On the down side, our friend Jack has liver cancer. He is nearly 70 and a bit stubborn, so when he went to the emergency room because the pain in his side finally got too much, we knew it had been going on for awhile. He has 3 growths on his liver. The oncologist has recommended chemo, 3-5 treatments. But it will just prolong his life, there is no cure for liver cancer and he is too old for surgery. So we just make sure he has a good quality of life.
4. Candlemas weekend was great. The location in Joshua Tree was beautiful. I initiated all 4 of my students with Ron's help. I was nervous because this was my first exposure performing in front of the Big Cheese. With a few minor oops, everything went well. We got into a rhythm and things went smoothly. Despite a major upset among a few other people and me having to do actual work, I have to say it was the best Candlemas weekend I've every had. I was in a good mood, sociable, not too stressed.
We have maybe 4-6 people interested in upcoming classes. One of my long-time girlfriends is revisiting her pagan roots and has decided to join us too. I do find that teaching helps draw me out of myself. I'm not as interested in moving up levels in the coven as much as participating in teaching our tradition. With Sylvia out with her baby and Anita dealing with her own issues, it's just me and Pam available to teach. And now I am not longer part of OCLC, I have more time.
5. Changes are coming at work. One thing has already happened. I am part of Team Vietnam. Whatever that means. It's the Dean's brainchild and per usual is nebulous. My boss is going through a personal trauma and has decided to retire in July. I nearly cried. I'm not sure what that will mean for how our segment runs. I certainly don't want her job which includes tons of the credit stuff. But she is my buffer between me and the Hag. Hopefully, I will report directly to someone else not including the Hag. She feels threatened enough by everyone else. If I reported to her, I would be back to making copies all day and everything would be the mess it was when I started there. And she would throw me under the bus at every opportunity. Oh, wait, she already does that.
I think that is mostly it for now. Feeling pretty positive overall. Worried a little about what will happen with work but it is beyond my control. I'm thinking about sending out some resumes. Just to see.
The kids are good. Megan's 'tude is beginning to bloom. Andrew is on restriction for lying about his homework. Valentine's day is coming up and I want us as a family to make big V-Day dinner and dessert. The weekend after that is Pantheacon which I am looking forward to.
No comments:
Post a Comment